Friday, February 5, 2010

Coffee, and other things


Here's a picture I made while drinking bag wine, which is delicious. I highly recommend drinking it in mass quantity while listening to wonky dubstep like Joker, Chase & Status, Flying Lotus or Darkstar. I may include this character in an upcoming effort.


I just realized even I don't have my blog bookmarked. As suave and internet savvy as I want to be, I really need to step up my game.

Anyway, I have begun to sort some things out, make plans, plot my future in different ways.

Anyway, I'm going to be working on some larger scale comic. The working title is Hell Hole. Actually that will probably be the final name, so nobody take that name. I'll be sure to post some art when I get it.

Still hitting the life drawing hard. Working those lines and such.
Working those cross contour lines and really, really, looking at naked women. Honestly, i don't know how art students make it.

But seriously, being an art student is the hardest work a college student can do. I know many students and professors personally who will swear by this. You don't become an artist because its easy or it makes you money. Often its hard, stressful and scary. You toil away, chronically unappreciated and misunderstood. There are many down sides to it, but you become an artist because you have to, because you feel things that intense. Because you have get some things of your chest. This is why I draw, write, create, drink, live. Its all a necessity, you'd do it even if you were all alone, the only person left. You do it because it has meaning it stands for something. Its important. This is the link between the fragments of reality the past the acid test, that stands the course of time. They speak to the human condition. Art, religion, writing, poetry, music all these things matter for precisely these reasons. This is why I look at the different company I keep as different but equal. This is why I view myself as one person rather then the many people I've been. Because there is not many things or moments or fragments there is one that is many.

Sorry for the exsistential rant, but this is what I think about and what I think people should blog about. Namaste to everyone from the revival meeting junkies to the pretentious hipster hacks (myself included).

No comments:

Post a Comment