Sunday, April 25, 2010

tutorial

I'm going to do the first part of a in progress tutorial on comics pages.

The project I'm working on now with hommie Zack Newell (I hope he doesn't mind me posting this) has a script written by the aforementioned. He sends me a script with the words and descriptions of each panel. I've been receiving them one page at a time. I whip out a 8.5X11 thumbnail.
Then I bust out a big sheet (18X24 I'm not messy around). I draw using a mechanical pencil (it saves time-no sharpening) and a gum eraser. I didn't take a picture of my pencils, but its all done loose with lots of perspective and simple outline info.

Then I ink it with sharpies from ultra fine to super huge and inkwash, now I use black india ink, white and brick red. It looks like this:

Pretty cool but still kinda goofy looking, right?

Tune in next week to see scanned magic and the final blacks for this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment