Thursday, February 10, 2011

DRAWING III Update

Getting into the mapping project in earnest now. I am going to do a figurative based emotional map that reflects the highs and lows of life in topographical or geographic form. Or something like that.

Here is some prior work I did with maps. This is a drawing II project of WWII figures over wwii maps. I inked over acrylic paints. I really liked working with maps in this instance.
Gathering supplies. Printing maps on the plotter. Spraying them lightly with spray paint. Painted a texture layer with Kool-Aid and Coffee.

A line drawing of the Garden of the Gods outside of Colorado Springs Colorado. I inverted the color and hit it up with spray paint.
A piece of paper.
The basic mathematical or geometric shapes of my map. The structure of life, a point, a circle, a circle around a circle. Circles being generated from a circle.
Lines and some coffee wash in this picture, more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment