Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lupe Fiasco Beautiful Lasers


"Gun on my table telling me to come home Telling me to to put him inside my hand Then put it up right next to my dome Door keep telling me to find a reason Anything to keep me from squeezing Simplest things yeah you really like summer You really like music you really like reading, love,"
LUPE FIASCO

Lupe's Laser's has been widely criticized and with some reason.
Certainly, the album had some week songs, but it shined through
in the singles and the title track. The surrounding story of struggle
versus corrupt big labels, Lupe's own depression, suicidal thoughts
and ultimate triumph is compelling.
Sure, it wasn't "The Cool," but artists need to experiment to grow.
Kanye had his 808 and Heartbreak and then came back with his
Dark Fantasy and swept the world off its feet once again. Lupe
is a great rapper and it will be interesting to see where he goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment